How to fill in the form

You have opened the form “Application for EU residence” (OD1. The form should be used to apply for an EU residence document in Denmark. The residence document is proof that, as an EU citizen - or a family member of an EU citizen - you have the right to reside in Denmark. The residence document will also be also used in your subsequent application for a Danish CPR-no from the municipality where you live. The form should be filled in on the screen and saved electronically. You must then come to the State Administration in person within 30 days. The State Administration will only accept your application when you have appeared in person and your application has been reviewed by the State Administration and signed by you. If you do not come in within 30 days of submitting the form, it will be deleted automatically and you will have to fill it in again.

In the menu on the left you can see the steps you have to go through before closing the form. Each step in the menu has its own screen page. You can use the “Next” and “Previous” buttons to move forward and back through the different pages.

The “Fetch data” button will retrieve data that you entered earlier in this form. And you can click on “Save data” to save the data you have entered so far, so you can resume your input at a later date.

If you are in any doubt about how to fill in the form, you can use the “Help” buttons to the right of the fields. When all fields have been entered correctly, you can move on to the next screen.

If you want to take a break, you can select “Save data” at any time. You will then be asked to enter your passport or national ID card number, your country of birth and a password. You can log in and continue filling in the form within 30 days using these details.

Before you start filling in the form, you should have access to the following documents on your computer:

  • A digital photo
  • A copy of your passport (the pages with your photo and general information) or both sides of your national ID card (the latter only applies to EU citizens)li>
  • Other relevant documentation:
  • For students: copy of letter of acceptance from educational institution
  • For employees: completed employer’s declaration and/or employment contract
  • For self-employed persons: e.g. budget for the first year of business drawn up by a registered or authorised auditor, documentation of registration with the Danish Commerce and Companies Agency, and rental contract stating where the business operates
  • For persons with sufficient resources: documentation of your resources to finance your stay, e.g. account statements. Or a completed maintenance declaration if another person undertakes to support you, with documentation of that person’s resources
  • For accompanying family members: documentation of relationship to EU citizen in the form of marriage and/or birth/baptismal certificate. Note also that a separate application has to be filled in for each family member.

If you do not have the above documentation to hand, you will not be able to fill in all of the form.

Depending on your basis for residence, you may also be presented (as you fill in the form) with links to one or more declarations that have to be completed, saved and attached to the form before you can continue.

You will have the opportunity to enter further comments at the end of the form.

If you do not have all the information now, you can always save the application and continue filling it in later. For this, you have to set up a login which you will need to open the application again. Note that partially completed forms will also be deleted automatically after 30 days.

On the last page you can see a summary of the information you have entered in the course of filling in the form. When you have checked that the contents are correct, you can save and close the completed form. When you come to the State Administration, the administrator will be able to retrieve the form for you to sign. Remember to bring the passport or ID card that you enter in the form as authentication when you come to the State Administration. Remember too that your passport or ID card must be valid on the date when you come into the State Administration.